Training takes place on Mondays and Thursdays each week and we encourage our karateka (students) to regularly attend both classes.
However, karateka who can only attend once each week will still be welcome at WSKC.
All classes are conducted in a safe and friendly environment by Sensei Steve Cameron, 4th Dan, IJKA, who holds DBS enhanced disclosure.
|Saint Martin’s Church Hall
Victoria Avenue (one way only)
|Nunnery Wood Sports Complex
To download maps and directions for the above venues, please click here.
Class times are the same for both venues.
Classes are split each night and structured towards the karateka’s ability ~
6:30pm ~ 7:30pm » Beginners and intermediates (to 6th Kyu ~ green belt)♦
7:30pm ~ 8:30pm » Seniors (5th Kyu ~ purple belt and above)♦
♦ Any changes to our regular class schedules will always be communicated in advance in ‘Recent Posts’ .
Note: Senior karateka may attend both sessions (at no extra cost) to benefit from extra training.
However, instruction in the first class will always be focused towards our beginners and intermediates.
- Beginners will be taught the fundamental kihon techniques from their first lesson at the club.
- Beginners having attained a degree of proficiency with kihon techniques, will be taught their first kata.
- Beginners progression from first lesson to first kata will cover a timescale of around 7 ~ 8 weeks.
- Beginners will advance from first principles in a steady progressive ‘step by step’ format ensuring students fully understand each technique with respect to body mechanics and application.
Put simply, body mechanics is how a human’s joints and muscles move and interact whilst performing a particular karate technique.
- WSKC place maximum emphasis on ensuring correct natural movement of the body so as not to cause any damage to joints etc.
- This is particularly important for the younger karateka whose bones are still in the soft growing / formation stages of development.
- Natural movement allows a karateka to generate maximum power from their body.
Monthly fees are charged at the modest rates shown below.
Pay per class fees are for Adults, juniors or students in higher education who are only able to train once each week but will still be welcomed at WSKC
|Category||Per Month||Per Class|
|Junior (12 ~ 15)||£25||£4|
|Students in higher education♦||£25||£4|
- FREE first class for beginners
- No membership or joining fees
- Discount for students in higher education*
- Monthly payments become due on the 1st of each calendar month
♦ Just bring along your student card